Today was devoted to the old city of Prague. Our hotel was a 5 minute walk away from the heart of the old city, which was very convenient. We decided to leave Isaac behind at the hotel to surf on the Internet and watch TV (let’s just say it was best for all concerned). Everywhere we looked we marvelled at the beauty of the city, which escaped both World Wars relatively unscathed. We took a free tour of the city for three hours (free means you only pay the tour guide a tip) led by a student from Wales who was very enthusiastic about everything! After a bit of a break, I walked through the town and crossed the Charles Bridge to climb the hill up to the palace while Karen and the boys did some shopping. After three hours I was exhausted but glad I did the walk. I met up with Karen and Abram outside a restaurant near our hotel and had a bite to eat with them.
In the evening I stayed at the hotel with Sol and Isaac while Karen and Abram walked back to the old city and took in a classical concert, which they both enjoyed very much. The whole day was great, with not a cloud in the sky and beauty everywhere we looked. I ended up taking around 225 pictures – not as many as I did in Venice, but pretty close!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment