Sol was feeling marginally better by this morning. We discontinued the antibiotic and that seemed to make a huge difference. I phoned the Dr. at the clinic in Addis this morning and he suggested an alternative antibiotic so Dianne took me to a pharmacy in DZ and we picked some up. By this evening, Sol was once more driving Isaac crazy so I know that he is recovering!
Abram, Isaac and I did our volunteering at the Ethiopian school this afternoon. This time, Isaac and Abram were working with the grade one class and got to do a fair amount of English teaching. They also helped out with a grade 6 gym class. Abram is getting to know a 14 year old boy named Easter who is teaching him some Amharic (the official language of Ethiopia). I spent most of my time visiting with the principal, the Bible teacher and another English teacher who are eager to build a friendship. I taught another English class to the teachers which is turning out to be quite a bit of fun.
We have a chapel service at the College every morning from 8:30 to 9 am. It is typically in Amharic but occasionally they have one in English. Tomorrow we will be helping to lead the English singing. They found out I can play keyboard and so I will be playing some “classics” like “Seek ye first” etc.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment