This morning we toured the Westfälisches Freilichtmuseum Detmold (Westfalian Open Air Museum). One of my mother’s cousins, Anna Sawatzky, works at the museum and she gave us a tour. Anna’s son Viktor was also there to provide an English translation. I had visited the site five years ago and thought the kids would enjoy walking through the old farm houses and other buildings on the site, which I think they did. However, I think the highlight for them was feeding plums to the goats.
After lunch we said good-bye to the Penners and Esaus and we drove close to four hours east to Berlin, where we are staying at the new location of the Mennonite Brethren church in Berlin. Gary Loewen from Abbotsford is the site manager for the construction project and he helped to get us settled in to the guest room on the construction site. Today is Solomon’s 13th birthday, so for a treat we walked to a great ice cream cafe and splurged on various ice cream dishes.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment