Thursday, June 18, 2009

June 17, 2009 -- posted by Karen

We headed in to Addis this afternoon to get a bunch of things done. Once more, I am very grateful to not be living there. The traffic, the pollution, the chaos, the people everywhere..... It makes Debre Zeit feel like a resort with its tranquility, fresh air and mountains. Sometimes I miss not having access to the amenities and groceries that I would have in Addis, but that is a small price to pay for all the other benefits of being located out here.

Unfortunately, Isaac was feeling sick again and stayed in the taxi with Danny (our driver) most of the time, lying down and groaning in the back seat. All our kids have had trouble with their stomachs while we are out here and I’m not sure why. One theory is that we’ve been taking malaria pills since the day before we went to Lake Langano since both Langano and Arbaminch (where we will go this weekend) are in the malaria zone. I’m surprised that I’ve had not stomach issues whatsoever since I’m usually the vulnerable one!

While in Addis we made final arrangements for our trip this weekend down to Arbaminch. We then looked for football shirts for the boys and did some grocery shopping, probably our last time to do that. We ended off our time in Addis by having supper at Top View restaurant. It has a nice view of the city and good food (owned by the same people who own Blue Tops in Addis and Sabana Resort at Lake Langano).

No comments:

Post a Comment